Test your Music City trivia and memorize a few facts to impress your friends at The NATSO Show with these 15 trivia questions:
1. What year was Nashville founded?
2. What was the Dixie Chick’s first album?
3. Which former Beatle had a hit duet with Buck Owens?
4. What three U.S. presidents were from Nasvhille?
5. Which country singer was married briefly to actress Julia Roberts?
6. Who was the first country singer to be a musical guest on Saturday Night Live?
7. Who won a Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Loretta Lynn in the 1980 film Coal Miner’s Daughter?
8. What TV sitcom featured Reba McEntire in the starring role?
9. What act was the first to be inducted into both the Country Music and the Rock and Roll Halls of Fame?
10. Who was the first woman to win the Country Music Association’s Entertainer of the Year award?
11. What was the amount on the price tag on Minnie Pearl’s hat?
12. Who won the academy of Country Music’s first Entertainer of the Year award?
13. Who were the first singers inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame?
14. How many common members do The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame share?
15. How many feet is the cascading waterfall in the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center?
1. Nashville was founded on Christmas Eve 1779
2. Thank Heavens for Dale Evans
3. Ringo Starr
4. Andrew Jackson, James K. Polk and Andrew Johnson
5. Lyle Lovett
6. Anne Murray
7. Sissy Spacek
9. Johnny Cash
10. Loretta Lynn
12. Merle Haggard
13. Hank Williams and Jimmie Rodgers, in 1961
14. Eleven: Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, The Everly Brothers, Hank Williams, Brenda Lee, Sam Phillips, Floyd Cramer, Chet Atkins, Bill Monroe, Jimmy Rogers, and Bob Wills
15. 44 Feet